Monday 31 March 2014

Craft Stamper's Crop of the Month - March

Hello and "servus" from Vienna!

Claudia here today, enjoying the special delight and honour of doing a monthly round up from now on in which I will shine spotlights on some of the DT makes that caught my eye - and maybe also sometimes share a project done by me and inspired by one of those spotlights.


Just some days ago we had the chance to learn a bit more about Craft Stamper designer Chris Dark and her "love for detail" (as shown with this adorable make of hers):

http://craftstamper.blogspot.co.at/2014/03/meet-team-chris-dark.html



At the start of the month Lydia was taking it a bit further in this post (by "it" I am talking about a technique she demonstrates in Craft Stamper's March issue) and just created the two most gorgeous bunnies I have ever seen on an utterly lovely card ! The colouring and shading are absolutely adorable and make them pop even more!




Renee created a real colour explosion with her DT make for the Take It Make It challenge:


The bright, glowing yellow, red and orange alongside the white create the impression of fire and ember! The simplicity of the black yarn wrapped around the pocket is the perfect addition as it does not steel the show off the vibrant colours! She definitely has created her own visual style ;)


Tracy did a most wonderful butterfly canvas with terrific monoprinted texture on it to inspire players and readers of this month's Take It Make It challenge! (By the way: don't miss out on the April challenge! ;)


I  just love her subtle use of  words and letters and the book page the butterfly is made from. And take a closer look at how the stitched frame keeps her butterfly from flying away! This reminds me to make better use of some of my butterfly stamps...


....and for a finish I want to highlight this lovely card from Dot Allan,  who used one of my favourite flowers on it: thistles!  I especially like their shape and the fact that thistles combine the tenderness of a flower with something as combative as prickles! And that monoprinted background is just perfect for the theme she chose! Wow!



I hope this tiny extract of inspirational fireworks will not only inspire you but maybe also let you browse through some of the March posts you might have missed otherwise. Maybe you will pay some of the Designer's blogs a visit (or two). But in any case I hope you leave with the urge of  creating! See you in a month!

Claudia x

3 comments:

  1. All are great projects, what a fab inky, painty month it's been xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. All these projects are wonderful pieces of art each with its own style indeed, thanks for the spotlights Claudia. And I missed the two last ones, so you offer me the opportunity to discover them, thanks also for that! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So much artsy goodness! Fantastic projects and great techniques!

    ReplyDelete