Tuesday 24 March 2015

Meet the team - Trish Latimer



Welcome to the latest in our regular series throwing the spotlight on some of the designers who create regularly for Craft Stamper. Mixed media with a quirky style and creative approach to all kinds of materials from fabric to wire and paint to book pages - it can only mean that today's spotlight falls on the highly talented and individual Trish Latimer...


Hello!

This feels weird…. A post about little old me on the blog, rather than me writing a post about someone else! 


Anyway…hello out there! I’m Trish Latimer, and I’m a stamp-a-holic… (and a paint-a-holic as well I think!). My first project for Craft Stamper was in the middle of 2008, and I’ve been a regular ever since. I love sharing techniques, ideas and quirky weird stuff with all the CS readers, so long may it continue.

I blame shopping TV for my stamping addiction! Channel surfing on the sofa whilst at home feeding baby number 1, I stumbled across a stamping demo…was very intrigued and the rest is history! It’s actually quite scary thinking that was nearly 20 years ago, I certainly don’t feel old enough to have a baby about to leave her teens!




Favourite Project #1
I chose this one because the technique involved is really messy! I know if I’ve had a fun playtime creating if I’m so painty I need a shower afterwards!


This project is blogged {here}



Q: Do you have a signature style or favourite technique?
A: My style has evolved over the years into a messy, painty colourful kind of affair, with quirky figures, random quotes and (of course) plenty of stamping thrown in for good measure. I just love creating 3D assemblages, with Art Dolls being a firm favourite right now!


Favourite Project #2
I had to include an Art Doll, this is one of my favourites.


This project is blogged {here}


Q: Where do you look for inspiration before you start on a project?
A: My inspiration comes from all over the place. I think my brain stores up all sorts of ideas and images, then turns them into projects, which are guaranteed to pop into my brain just before I go to sleep! Luckily, the ideas are still there in the morning when I wake up!


Favourite Project #3
I really love exploring my bonkers side, and I think this meditating cat sums this up quite well!
 
This project is blogged {here}


Looking through all those old projects has me itching to get back into my studio to get the paints and stamps out again….so see you soon!



Trish



Thanks to Trish for a glimpse into her stamping world and to you for joining us on the Craft Stamper blog today, hope you've enjoyed "meeting" another designer!

7 comments:

  1. Great to know a bit more about Trish and sharing her awesome art....I'm a huge fan of her art dolls...she is the queen of them! Ruth X

    ReplyDelete
  2. You rock, Trish! I love every single article by you!:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is lovely to learn a bit more about Trish, the Artist! Trish's projects are always so inspiring, I love her art dolls and I am proud to say that I now own Trish's favourite project No. 3 - how lucky am I !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Trish is one of my all time favorite artists! Thanks for sharing a little more of what she's thinking and who she is with us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Trish is a fabulous artist I agree... I love her style, easy to recognize each time as she really has a true signature. Three fab projects here that I love!!!!!!!!!! Thank you Trish for sharing your art so well in my favourite Craft Stamper magazine for a while now, I always learn something from you, and it is always stunning! Coco x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm very glad to see your creative blog. Thanks for sharing your informational blog.
    Dating Coach For men

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing a little more of what she's thinking and who she is with us.
    Vip Table Booking London

    ReplyDelete